Thursday 5 June 2008

King Arthur was NEVER a Hell's Angel

It's annoying to have to admit you're wrong - in an argument that is. More annoying is realising you've made a basic factual error, based on a series of different sources which I thought, at the time, represented journalistic triangulation, and then to have that mistake printed however many thousand times the first print run of In Search of the English Eccentric has gone to.

This is where I find myself. There are a handful of websites that describe Arthur Uther Pendragon, star of my book, as a former Hell's Angel. He is no such thing. I repeat, Arthur Uther Pendragon, formerly John Rothwell, was a biker, yes, but never a Hell's Angel. (Above is a picture of a Hell's Angel).

Sorry Arthur. It will be corrected in all future editions of the book.

No comments: