Tuesday 27 May 2008

birth

At last I've got my hands on one. It's just as exciting as it looks on films or when you read about it. Although the book feels different to how I imagined it - the paper's better and it smells unlike my last book. In a good way.

I once met someone who could tell what country a book had been printed in just by smelling it.

As of late last week these little bundles of joy have begun to make their way around the country and parts of Europe in order to be stacked up in large warehouses or hidden under other books on literary editors desks.

I've decided that the month of June is going to be a month of dead eccentrics on this here blog. It needs a bit of structure I think. I'll post 15. One every other day, with each as a slightly fuller biog of a dead English eccentric.

No comments: