Saturday 17 May 2008

ECCENTRICITY, the band

There's a band called ECCENTRICITY. They're Indian. I'm not sure if they've broken into the Indian pop mainstream, yet, but they've got a good look: as far as I can make out it involves cricket whites set off by denim jackets. The cricket whites might just be school uniform, it's hard to tell. And their sound? I'm not sure how to describe it, it's heartfelt, or heartbroken, with quite an 80s ballad feel to it. Here's a video of one of their first concerts on youtube.

If anyone knows of other eccentric bands, or bands called eccentric, please please let me know. I want to stockpile as much trivia to do with the word eccentric as possible, particularly things to do with the way the word is used today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Check out excentral tempest. She's amazing: kind of what you might get if Jay Z had a sex change and became a hardcore hippy.

www.myspace.com/excentraltempest